Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin cookies part 2

Ok now! I know I said I posted the cookies on Friday and was said I would get the other one posted on Saturday! 
Well that didn't happen! Saturday ended up getting SOOOOO busy and I ran out of time to do anything! I watched my nieces and they both had Basketball games! And then I also ended up watching The little dude because his mom had no one else to watch him  and I had to find him a costume! 
So needless to say, I was running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off! :) 


So here is the recipe I used! 
Now I do have to say I can make amazing cakes and cookies and decorate beautiful cakes! But I how can not make good frosting! So let me know how your frosting turns out if you make them! I've tried and tried and tried! and I think I've had amazing frosting TWICE! I guess it was just not mean to be! 


6 1/2 cups Powdered sugar! 
2 Tsp. Vanilla 
1/2 cup butter- I used  Margarine bcuz it's all I had. 
8 oz. cream cheese! 







Beat together Cream cheese and margarine until light and fluffy! 
Then add vanilla and whip it again! 




















Then add powdered sugar a cup or two at a time! 






























And these were the finished cookie! 
Sorry there wasn't better pictures then this I was in such a hurry to get them frosted and I forgot to take more pictures! 
like I said I can't make very good frosting BUT  I've gotten better since I got the kitchen aid mixer for our wedding! 
And i've realized with most frostings the longer you whip them the better they look :) 


If any of you have any tips or suggestion or recipes for frosting let me know ! PLEASE :) 


Enjoy! 
-The creative housewife! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment