Friday, October 30, 2009

PUMPKIN! One of the things I LOVE about fall!

I LOVE all things PUMPKIN! I think it came from my mother!  
Like Pumpkin rolls, pumpkin cinna rolls, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin bars, pumpkin pancakes, ALL THINGS pumpkin! 


Well normally I make Sugar cookies for Halloween! but not this year! I made.........Yup you guessed PUMPKIN COOKIES! :) 
   There sooo yummy! You wont just be able to have one! There the dear hubby's favorite! I only make them from October through Christmas!  so there a special cookie! :) 


Are you ready for the recipe??? Really Good! 
It's going to be loaded with step by step pictures :) 



Here are the ingredients you will need! *Notice I shop alot at Walmart! It's the cheapest around town here!


2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour * I had to use 3 cups instead of 2 1/2 cups of flour! i will show u why in pics*
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract



Cream cheese frosting... That recipe will be in another post! Sorry!


Preheat oven to 350


                                                                                                                                                                                               It should look like this.




Now for the BEST part! Add the Pumpkin!






Mix well until it looks like this!


Then add the Egg and Vanilla!




















And mix well! 



Now time for the Dry ingredients! 

Now mix together until well blended. 


Now it should look like this! 

Now time to grease the cookie sheet!


And if you have a nifty little scooper like this! *I LOVE PAMPERED CHEF!* 















You will want to use it! If not just 2 spoons will work just fine! 






Ever since I first started baking I've always done a dozen cookies per a sheet ! See like this!

Now time to put them in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes~ * 17 minutes were PERFECT for mine!

Now this batch was a flop! they still tasted GREAT! but they didn't rise! So I fixed that by adding more flour and it worked perfect! they looked like this for the second batch! 

Plump little pumpkin cookies! 
Now I'm going to frost them with a cream cheese frosting tomorrow afternoon Sorry i didn't get to that part tonight! the night kinda was gone before I knew it! 
So Enjoy! 


I'm sorry if you get the directions mixed up This was the first time I have done a post like this so it could be a bit confusing! I did it just the way I did it at home tonight though so it should be great! If I get a chance tomorrow I will post just the recipe and ingredients in a post for you all! 


Have a very blessed weekend everyone! 
-The Creative housewife!


2 comments:

  1. I am totally going to make these! How much flour did you add in the second batch?

    ReplyDelete